Thursday, January 9, 2020

Level I      First Week of Advent

The boy in the photo above, was drawn to the little altar today and he worked for a very long time doing this work.  The other two boys, were creating things as gifts for family and friends for Christmas.  I tell them that everything they make has to be about Jesus in the atrium.  

Last week I presented the two "Prophecies of Light and Names" and read The AnnunciationToday we read The Visitation and learned how to fill the Cruets.  Usually the class can't wait to work with these materials but every class is different with a different personality.  Pernella, the girl in the forefront can write and so wants to write letters to Jesus to thank Him.  Her thoughts are beautiful.  I started a prayer journal for my Level II classes as they can read and write.  However, I've promised her that I'd bring in a prayer journal for her which I've made and have cut out religious art for them from cards.  They can choose any pictures they want for their prayer journal.   The class is small today as it's close to the holidays.  I have a family of three children and another with a brother and sister.  So when they are absent that is five children.   Today six are present but are out of view.


No comments:

Post a Comment