Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Found Coin, a moral parable in Level II




The Found Coin

The three room building and figures were purchased unfinished and I painted them, stained, and decorated the inside of the building.  This parable is given in conjunction with The Found Sheep and very beautiful.



I bought a handicraft kit at Walmart which contained sequence and used a soft gold wire to make a necklace.  I then put one on another gold wire to represent the lost coin.  I made a small black pouch to keep them in so they don't get lost.








I glued down the little stools, tables,
basket, cup and bowl.  Only the basket where I put the lost coin is not glued down.  This is optional but it means a much bigger box.  Also, the older children read the Scripture and want to set up the coins and figures.  I think its distracting to fiddle around with all the furniture.  My husband made the tables and benches.

It said in the scripture that it was an earthen floor, so I spread some dirt in the paint and swept the
excess out.

This is the box where the materials are kept.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! That's really good stuff. I bet that is fun and relaxing. I like to read about how u chose the materials for certain effects. What ever became of the man from Honduras. Answer me privately so that he does not get into hot water.

    ReplyDelete